Saturday, September 13, 2014

My Mission


        So here's the scoop, this new bojo-mama needs to get her groove back.  I haven't focused much on losing the baby weight because I was having way too much fun playing with my new bundle of love.  But somehow nine months have passed and I still don't recognize the woman in the mirror.  It's time to take my life back, my body back and get my sexy, vivacious, confidence back!


        I've decided to not focus too far ahead and just take it day by day.  I've decided not to tell anyone I'm on a diet because I don't want the pressure of constant conversations, questions, debates about the best ways to lose weight, and especially the judgements about the extremity of the HCG diet.  All of which would cause me to think about food more than I need to and use up mental and emotional energy that I would like to save for more important things.  Humans often judge and fear what they do not understand, the HCG diet is on that list.  

        HCG is the pregnancy hormone that turns the pee stick to a plus sign when your pregnant.  When injecting the hormone, HCG tricks the body into believing it's pregnant.  In an effort to feed the fetus before all else, the body skips pulling from the muscles and pulls straight from fat stores.  HCG is also known for ridding disproportionately stored fat.  I would love to lose the fat on my knees and my post prego pooch.  

        I tried the homeopathic version of HCG which is sublingual (drops under the tongue) instead of injections.  I did lose weight but not as much and felt much hungrier on the homeopathic version.  The injections do work in assisting with rapid fat loss.  They take away your hunger because you are utilizing your stored fat, therefore your body believes you are getting the normal amount of calories that you usually do.  So for me I say, why take the long road when the short cut is so easy?

        I've started this journal in order to record my thoughts, feelings, successes and shortcomings, not for anyone else, but for myself, so that I don't look back at this diet with rose colored glasses.  I want to remember the difficulties, where I struggled, and where I succeeded, so I will be able to step back at the end and reassess the entire experience.



*My start weight (9 months post baby) is 173 pounds
*My goal is to get back to my pre-baby weight of 145 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment