Saturday, September 13, 2014

Loading Days

Phase One - Loading Days
        For the first three days of the HCG injections, the protocol recommends eating high fat foods. They have some fancy schmancy explanation for it that basically states you will not lose as much fat if you do not adequately "load".  They claim loading will allow better clarity, strength and less hunger over the first week and not loading is setting yourself up for failure.  Since this is not my first HCG attempt I can attest that this seems to be true.  Last time, I did not want to load because I didn't want to gain weight, and I did feel ravenous quite quickly and found it difficult to follow the 500 calorie protocol once it began.  This time around I decided I am going to do my absolute best to follow the rules with no fudging.  I decided not to overdo the loading in quantity because that doesn't make me feel good or healthy, and I know if I am to be successful that I need to feel good physically and mentally from the start point.  But I did enjoy myself with a wide variety of healthy and not so healthy fats.  
        I ate avocados, cheddar cheese and smoked sausage, deviled eggs, gluten free waffles with real butter and syrup, gluten free table crackers with real butter, Hawaiian rolls with real butter, tortilla chips and salsa, a big juicy steak, a BLT sandwich with mayo, white chocolate peanut butter and Nutella by the spoonful, french fries, chicken strips, and last but not least raw cookie dough!  
       Obviously, this was spread out over 3 meals and 2 snacks a day for 3 days, so don't freak out.  I did not gorge, I just enjoyed the freedom of actually being instructed to eat fat.  It was harder than I expected because we really didn't have much fat in the house, but by the end I successfully completed the first 3 days of the HCG diet.  Now I feel a little sick of food and feel emotionally and physically ready to begin phase 2 and reduce my calories in the morning.  Exercising on the HCG diet is controversial but I've read it is possible to do moderate exercise if you increase your caloric intake by 100c.  I chose to work out on my elliptical for 30 minutes on the 3rd day of phase 1.  We'll see if I feel like it once I'm in phase 2.

*Weight: 167 pounds.  
* I lost two pounds from eating fat?!?  How is that even possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment