Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day Eleven

Day Eleven:
        I did pretty good today but it still feels very difficult to get back on track.  I remembering why I'v failed this diet in the past.  It's not because it doesn't work, it's just not very realistic in the real world.  I read back in the 50's this was a medical diet that rich people did at a medical spa on a month's vacation with swimming, yoga, counseling, laying in the sun and a personal chef.  In a very controlled environment I can see someone being very successful but without those nice, clean boundaries it's very difficult to not be influenced by social events or stressful days at work.  This diet is all or nothing, very black and white.  You either succeed or fail and there is no room for any flexibility.  I'm sure their are people out there with the discipline to do it perfectly, but those people probably don't have weight problems in the first place!  I'm not giving up yet but I am remembering why I never make it through at this point.  I want to say forgot it, I'll do 500 calories but it's going to be of whatever food I want, but that would make the diet less effective.  If I hadn't invested $171 I would quit now and just start counting calories and exercising again but I feel too guilty for spending the money so I'll keep trying.  My three day slip up caused me to gain 6 pounds, ughhhh.  I can tell a lot of it is water cause my hands are swollen but it's frustrating to bounce that drastically and makes me wonder if I've actually burned any fat at all.  However, many people are starting to comment that I'm thinning out so maybe I should focus more on how I look and feel versus what the sale says.

Breakfast: Black coffee
Lunch: Aidell's spicy chicken sausage, brocoli with lemon
Dinner: 5 oz of 93% lean Meatloaf, italian green beans, 1 cracker
             Minute Maid 15 calorie fruit punch

Calories: 718
Today's weight: 169 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment